Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wake up call!!

I have been in denial for a couple weeks.  Denial that I need to prepare to be gone for the next 5 months…denial that I will be leaving behind my dear friends…denial that I will not get to fellowship on Sunday mornings in our fellowship… or enjoy being with my community group on Sunday evenings…denial that I will be experiencing other cultures and things that are not familiar, denial that I won’t fall asleep in my very comfy bed every night for the next 5 months as I have for the past 5 months (for the most part). Or have the option to go buy a new shirt when I grow weary of wearing what I have…or denial that I will not have my homemade granola every morning waiting for me when I get up :)  
  
So I was in denial and then I am not sure what happened but on Sunday I kind of woke up to the reality that I have 10 days till I really do leave and lots to do before then…and now its time to focus and do it.  As I write…I realize it is really a week from tomorrow that we leave!!  Wow…it is really going to happen…it’s not just our dream anymore but going to really happen.

 Everyone asks me if I am excited and of course I think I should say yes but since I have been in denial it is not the first thot that pops in my head.  Usually I say..uhhh sure I am excited…I should be…I am going to get to visit 9 countries and lots of friends and be with Roger, my best friend all that time but deep down inside I realize I am grieving a bit…grieving the goodbyes mainly…and all the above.  So now that I snapped out of the denial stage I think I am starting to get really excited.        
       
The house sorting and cleaning is well under way….the piles of clothes are being sorted and resorted as we try to figure what is really necessary and not necessary as we want to only have a suitcase each…its ridiculous how many pairs of shoes I keep thinking I need.  We have cool weather…cold weather…hot weather…a wedding…beach stay…working at a retreat for 2 weeks.  How does one take shoes for all that :)  and clothes too of course :)         
     
So yes…in spite of all the details still to sort thru we are ready to go…I am looking forward to seeing friends on the other side of the world, fellowshipping in different fellowships, eating yummy food from many countries, so hoping mangos are in season wherever I go J  And though I am still sad about leaving friends here I am beginning to be over the top excited about our adventure!!   
      
It’s REALLY going to happen and I am so thankful to the Lord for the blessing of being able to do this!!  I wonder what He is going to do along the way…I can’t wait to see!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. I know that the Lord is going to use you to encourage so many of your friends along the way. We'll be praying for you. You guys are seasoned travelers. I'd be going absolutely nuts trying to figure out what to take (or rather, what to leave!) So, is Italy your first stop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes julie, we are going to italy first on a much needed vacation. we will be there 2 and half weeks. roger has been on a business trip but i have never been. it is going to be an adventure!!
    thanks for praying for us...seasoned or not we need it!

    ReplyDelete