Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maui ... Maui ... Maui

Beautiful Maui… 
So I said to Roger…let’s not blog while we are in Maui but I keep finding myself wanting to write so I will and who knows if it will go to print or not :)  Roger and I admitted to each other on the trip here that we were not overly excited about Maui (which sounds awful) because it meant our trip is coming to an end and neither of us felt like we are ready to go home.
We arrived here Easter Sunday about 1 PM… exhausted after a very long trip.  We managed to stay awake till 8 and I slept till 8 in the morning.  And still had trouble waking up. 
Our first day we hung around the apartment relaxing.  We did go and sit by the beach for awhile in the morning and started our “debriefing”.  We wrote some questions down and are going country by country and thinking of our feelings… our surprises and challenges and highlights… what we could have done differently…. what we take from it to change our lives… how will it influence us when we get home etc.  It has been really a good process.  We are about half way thru and it has been so good for us.  On our third day here we are starting to feel drawn towards home and what will come next.  We are so thankful for what we have had the privilege of doing… going on this trip but now its time to move on to the next thing.  Whatever it may be….
Some of the people who touched our lives over the last 6 months
As we started our “debrief “ time I looked back and read some of the early entries of our blog.  Can you believe I cried as I left home… afraid of change… of feelings unsettled… of wondering how I would sleep in different beds etc.  Crazy!!  Now I am crying and grieving over the ending of this trip… concerned that “normal’ will feel strange and will I be content?  I loved being in different places…. managed well in different beds and with different foods…. now I wonder…. how will it be to get back in touch with friends… will they have moved on and will I have to start all over?  What will I cook night after night (have not done that in a long time)?  How will it be to drive again…will I go back to my old ways and not remember the many things I learned on this trip about myself… things I want to change in my life… important things that I am determined to hold on to… only with the Lord’s help can I do it, I know.  It is so good to have the hope of His help… of Christ’s continuing to work in my life… of directing me to be what He wants me to be…
I am rambling… but it feels good.  I feel hopeful… anxious to see what is next… thankful for so much…. for my husband… family and life the Lord has given me…
So thankful too for this week with Roger and celebrating 33 years with him…
So we are really in Maui enjoying the sunsets and scenery.  We have a beautiful place with a gorgeous view of the ocean and palm trees and waves to listen to. The cool breezes blow thru our apartment. We enjoy eating on our patio and just soaking in the peaceful scenery.  I don’t know if words can express what my heart and mind are going thru but it’s a blessing to be here and so thankful for it...  I guess I am feeling a bit overwhelmed as I write this because I am truly blessed and I never want to forget it!    So I put it in writing…. to hold me accountable… to remind myself I guess.  But I also declare that if I lived in a shack and had never traveled anywhere in my life....I would still be blessed....I am a child of the King....the Creator of the universe....My Hope...My Redeemer...yes!! I am truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart. I LOVE the collage of pictures -- what a beautiful memory of your adventures across the world! Just remember that even though your friends here in SC have not been where you have been, we still can't wait to see you and will pick up where we left off. =) Many things have happened (for you and us), but you are loved so much that I know everyone will ease you back into life here. We can't wait to see you!! (and Liberty!) By the way, one of my cousins is in Maui right now. Enjoy your time in Hawaii, and we are really looking forward to seeing you again!! Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete